Can you add a connection field to the universal login dialog?

I would like to have a new text box on the standard universal login dialog where a user can type in their connection. Is that something that can be done through customization?

Hey there @jlines!

Not sure if I understand your usecase. So you want your users to be able to login with custom social connection?

We have a number of organizations that use the same login UI, and we segregate those organizations by using a different connection for each one, either database or enterprise. I’m envisioning a login experience similar to logging into the AWS web console with an IAM account with the account id/alias field.

Ahh got it! Let me rethink that usecase and suggest some solution shortly!

Still looking for a way to do this. Were you able to come up with any suggestions? I’m looking into the possibility of manipulating the DOM before the call to lock.show(). My concern with a solution like that is that updates that Auth0 might make to the universal login Javascript could break the customization.

Hey there!

Sorry for the delay in response but I must have totally forgot about this topic in the midst of all the topics coming in. I discussed it with the team and unfortunately there is no way to customise the Universal Login this way. They highly encourage you to place such feature request through our product feedback form here:

Thank you!