Can migrated social (linkedin) users log in with the same Social connection after migration?

My users can currently signup/login to our Django site with LinkedIn. These users do not have a password in our database.

If I migrate these users with the Bulk-migration method, will they be able to login through Auth0 with their LinkedIn account like they did before or will they have to create a password and use this moving forward?

1 Like

Hello!

We would like to understand more about what you are planning to do. Notice that the users are already on LinkedIn and not in Auth0. You wouldn’t have to migrate the users unless you want migrate the Metadata.

Please, let us know more about your case.

Thanks.

Hi Lucas,

Many thanks for your reply. When the user originally signed up with LinkedIn, an account was created for them. We have attached a profile to that account in the same way we do for username/password users.

We are keeping this profile local to our DB but would like to both Social (LinkedIn) and Uname/Pword users to authenticate with their existing accounts so that they have access to their profile once they log in with Auth0, be it through uname/pword or Social.

Is it possible to achieve this using Bulk Migration?

Many thanks

hi Lucas,

In bulk migration when the user migrated to Auth0 then very first login time the user need to set his/her password.
you can also integrate your existing database with Auth0 so the user will be authenticated from your database and will be exported to Auth0 database also for future authentication.

1 Like

Hi Rashid, thanks for your reply.

Yes, the two solutions you’ve mentioned are the Bulk and Automatic migrations.

However I’m keen to know if we can have a migrated user that originally used LinkedIn Social Auth to login to our site continue to use LinkedIn Social connection through Auth0 after being Bulk-migrated. Or would they be forced to use a username/password?

No, user will need to input email and password to login in future not the username/pass fields.

2 Likes

Thanks again for your reply Rashid

Thanks Rashid for helping on that front!

FYI, I’ve just been pointed towards the Account Linking documentation which looks like it does what I am looking for. Is this correct Konrad?