Calling Google Calender API from Server-Side Application

I’m building an application that relies on being able to call the Google Calendar API from my backend.

Currently, I have my front end set up with Auth0 so that I can create accounts and link Google accounts. I’ve got my backend up and running so that I can read JWTs from the front end and get full user profile information. In the user profile, I’m able to see my user’s identities for their Google account which have an access_token.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get this to work on my backend with the Google OAuth client. My question is: How do I use my Google identity’s access_token to retrieve a users calendar information with my backend? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I’m not clear what is the responsibility of Auth0 and what isn’t. Should I be requesting and storing refresh tokens in my database and then using that to create a valid Google OAuth client?

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

1 Like

I am also running into the same issue. Have there been any developments?

1 Like

What exactly is the issue you are facing? Have you already checked out this document? Call an Identity Provider API

Are you having the problem when retrieving the Google access token from Auth0, or when using that token to call the Google APIs? In either case, are you getting any error message?

1 Like

I’m running into the same issue now. Has anyone found a solution?