Callback URL has no parameters when using Auth0.js

I am trying to implement an embedded login page in my application using Auth0.js. The issue I am having is that upon successful login the url for my callback page is called however there are no parameters in the request. No token, no id, the parameter map is completely empty. My application type is set to regular web application in the Auth0 dashboard.

Can you share with us your connection code, minus any sensitive data, so that we can help troubleshoot what is going on? Also you can DM me your tenant.

1 Like

$(document).ready(function() {

var webAuth = new auth0.WebAuth({
    domain: '***',
    clientID: '***',
    responseType: 'token id_token',
    redirectUri: 'http://localhost:8080/callback',
    scope: 'openid profile email'

$(document).on('click', '#btnLogin', function(){
        realm: 'Azure-SQL-Development-Database',
        username: $('#username').val(),
        password: $('#password').val()


This is the javascript. The request is being made to my callback url so the login is successful, however when I inspect the request object there are no params.

Hey @mstokes I wanted to reach out to you and let you know I am looking at this currently and will get back to you with the feedback. Thanks!


Thank you very much. :slight_smile:
I’m kind of out of ideas.

Hey @mstokes, after looking at the material referenced there may be some issues with how you are formatting the request, please reference the document below and see if helps you resolve the issue you are facing.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I’m happy to help!

Can you please elaborate on what you feel is the issue? This documentation is what I used as an example to write this code. I am also seeing a successful cross origin authentication message in the Auth0 logs indicating the request is being processed on the Auth0 side successfully. The only thing I can see effecting the return parameters is the response type param for which I have tried every variation of.

Hi there @mstokes, I wanted to follow up on this topic and I apologize for the delay in response. If you are still battling this situation the next step forward would be to snag a HAR file with the problematic workflow and direct message it over to me. From there we can analyze what may be occurring. Please be sure to select “Preserve log” to catch redirects and scrub the file of user passwords before passing, thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.