Authentication struggles on iOS

I am using auth0 free plan (for now).
I have an Angular SPA which is already using auth0 successfully, everywhere except on Apple devices.
On Chrome, Edge, all is well, on iOS I get weirdness.

I use '@auth0/auth0-angular' in my app.

In app.module.ts I initiate the client like so:

AuthModule.forRoot({
      ...env.auth,
      useRefreshTokens: true,
      cacheLocation: 'localstorage',
      scope: 'openid email profile',
      httpInterceptor: {
        allowedList: [`*`],
      },
    }),

I first noticed issues when a dropdown menu on the first page (after login) didn’t populate with values from our backend APIs (other pages, without dropdowns are fine though).
Then, when users refresh the page they end up in a login loop. The page has lost the state it seems and thinks the user is not logged in, says they should log in (doesn’t redirect to auth0 anymore though) and just stops working.

We use isAuthenticated$ = this.authService.isAuthenticated$ from import { AuthService } from '@auth0/auth0-angular';. Again, this works as we expect everywhere, except Apple.

What are we missing here?

Thanks for your help!
David

Hey there!

Sorry for guiding you other way but in order to handle that most effectively it would be best if you can open an exactly the same issue in the SDK GitHub repo here:

so we can work on that directly with the repo maintainers. Once you have a link to it please share it here with us so we can ping them. Thank you!

Done: Authentication struggles on iOS · Issue #406 · auth0/auth0-angular (github.com)

Thanks Konrad.

Perfect! Pinging the team in a few minutes!

Thanks. Our users will be happy to soon getting a solution. The fact we can’t help our Apple users at the moment is hurting badly.

@konrad.sopala any update on this? Can’t see any activity on the GH issue.

Hey there!

Just repinged the team on that front.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.