Authenticating Svelte Applications

Learn how to create a Svelte application and add authentication.
Read more…

Brought for you by one of our Guest Author: Fikayo Adepoju @coderonfleek

3 Likes

How did you like this post? Please share any comments or feedback with us on this thread

1 Like

This is great, super helpful, except… I’m getting rollup errors, trying to use the library.

[!] (plugin commonjs) SyntaxError: Unexpected token (15:9794) in {...}\node_modules\@auth0\auth0-spa-js\dist\auth0-spa-js.production.esm.js

I’m not really familiar with rollup, so, I’m stumped. … loading the script straight from the CDN works, so, I’m just gonna go with that for now. :woman_shrugging:

Hi. Thanks for pointing this out, can you please describe the point where you started getting this error so we can investigate further. Thanks

1 Like

Great tutorial!

Working on a project to switch bootstrap to Tailwind.

I was wondering did we need to create a file named TaskList.svelte?

I didn’t see it inside the repository, but it was mentioned in the tutorial.

Tagging @fikfikky @coderonfleek for better visibility

Yes. At the beginning of the “Building the Task List” section, a TaskList.svelte file was created.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up!

This is a great tutorial and timely for me as I am looking at building my first Svelte app with authentication.

One suggestion: since pop-ups are problematic for so many people how about a loginWithRedirect style flow instead?

Tagging @coderonfleek (the article author) for better visibility of that feature request @StaringSkyward

I will try to get a working example and submit a PR to the github repo. I’m a beginner with Svelte so I’m not sure of my code quality but I will give it a go.

1 Like

Perfect! Give it a go and share the link to the PR once you have it!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you are looking for examples on how to use Auth0 with Svelte, please check out the following code samples :slight_smile:

1 Like