Auth0 User Login API

Hello,

I am very new to Auth0, please pardon me if I am asking obvious questions.

I am trying to implement the Login system for existing users in Auth0 for my React Native App. I already have a Login Screen. I want the users to enter the credentials and then make a REST API call to Auth0 to authenticate. I could not find a solution in the existing API docs → Authentication API Explorer

I was wondering if I could get some help with this.

Thanks

Hi @damand,

Welcome to the Community!

In order to securely authenticate in mobile apps, it’s recommended to follow the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code with PKCE. This involves a few more steps than an API request, but there is an Auth0 React Native SDK to help with the implementation.

It may be helpful to take a look at the QuickStart here: Auth0 React Native SDK Quickstarts: Login

There is a note in the guide about embedding the login as well:

You can also embed login functionality directly in your application. If you use this method, some features, such as single sign-on, will not be accessible. To learn how to embed functionality using a custom login form in your application, follow the Custom Login Form Sample. Make sure you read the Browser-Based vs. Native Login Flows on Mobile Devices article to learn how to choose between the two types of login flows.

Hey @stephanie.chamblee I tried running the swift embedded login and it gave me following error after pod install

Fatal error: Something went wrong.

Please contact technical support.: file Lock/ConnectionLoadingPresenter.swift, line 44

2021-02-06 01:29:19.291650+0530 Auth0Sample[28996:502904] Fatal error: Something went wrong.

Please contact technical support.: file Lock/ConnectionLoadingPresenter.swift, line 44

1 Like