Auth0 login() no longer working. Receiving 40x errors. Any suggestions?

I had a working version of my app and so i started to deploy it. I’m using heroku, so I signed up for a new auth0 account and set all the origin, callback, url’s to my heroku url. It was working with my other auth0 account, but now it won’t work with my new one. when registering now using the auth0.login() feature, I submitted all my info like so

angularAuth0.signup({
client_id: ‘**************************’,
connection: ‘Username-Password-Authentication’,
username: $scope.credentials.username,
email: $scope.credentials.email,
password: $scope.credentials.password,
user_metadata: {firstname: $scope.credentials.firstname, lastname: $scope.credentials.lastname, username: $scope.credentials.username}

but I started to get a CORS error and it said my ‘connection’ was incorrect. so I tried rolling my own login using the following code:

var options = {
method: ‘POST’,
url: ‘***************.auth0.com/dbconnections/signup’,
headers: {‘content-type’: ‘application/json’},

body: {
client_id: ‘************************’’,
email: req.body.credentials.email,
password: req.body.credentials.password,
connection: ‘Username-Password-Authentication’,
name: req.body.credentials.email,
username: req.body.credentials.username,
user_metadata: {firstname: req.body.credentials.firstname, lastname: req.body.credentials.lastname}
},
json: true
};

request(options, function (error, response, body) {
if (error) throw new Error(error);
console.log(‘this is the response from signup up on auth 0’);
console.log(body);
res.send(body);
});

but the response i get from the server is a 404, notfounderror.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? I set all my new url’s in the dashboard, and I was able to do api calls to auth0 when i manually created an account and logged in.

For the login method, I’m specifically receiving this error:

message: “Request has been terminated\nPossible causes: the network is offline, Origin is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin, the page is being unloaded, etc.”

when I load the error page, it says: "Missing required property: connection’

and the browser throws this error to me:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://morning-credit-4437.auth0.com/dbconnections/signup. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing).