Auth0 Community Ask Me Anything: Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter!

Hi @konrad.sopala, even with Universal Login I believe there are some pieces missing when moving from Account Link Extension to Actions. For example, the former provides a page, which tells the user that the linking is about to happen and allows them to proceed or abort leaving accounts unlinked. In addition, if the user logs in with another email for some reason, the extension redirects back to the login page with a custom flashMessage. I am not really sure that one can implement all this using only Actions and Universal Login. Am I missing something?

Does it make sense to simply rework the Rule that comes with Account Link Extension to an Action like people do in this issue? It seems highly unreliable to me as the extension seems to be based on webtasks which are no longer available for public use and the one for the extension could be dropped any time in the future.

I second @mariano.ruiz that it would be great if you guys had an instruction of how to migrate to the new approach, but preserve all the benefits of Account Link Extension.