Auth0 Community Ask Me Anything: Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter!

Hi Auth0 Team !

We need an Example using “Actions” to securely link accounts (that works).

We have a SPA page that uses the New Universal Login for logins/signups, users can sign in either with an email/password or with social connections (Google, Github), and we are trying to implement the process of linking accounts at signup.

The documentation, examples and extensions provided by Auth0 don’t work:

• The page Link User Accounts > Account linking with Actions has an example using Actions, but the example doesn’t work, first it doesn’t mention that you need to add the “auth0” dependency imported there in the code (OK, no big deal), but then it uses a function called getManagementApiToken which is not imported or defined anywhere, so execution errors again, and reading the code I’m pretty sure that even if I write the function myself I’ll get new errors anyway, because there are other references in the code that I’m pretty sure don’t exist, like some constants.
  • There are other examples in the documentation, but are based on Rules, and they don’t work either (I’ve explained a little bit the problems found here).

It would also be helpful to have a working demo with a basic front end and back end in a git repository, rather than just snippets of code around.

4 Likes