Associate pre-verified phone number with user's mfa

I have a bunch of pre-existing user accounts in my system. These user profiles have cell phone numbers that we have already verified. I would like to create user accounts in Auth0 for all of them and associate those phone numbers to the new accounts using the API. Is that possible? I don’t see anything in the API docs about that. I’d really like to save my users from having to enter their phone number to set up MFA.

Hi @zpearce,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community Forum!

If I understand you correctly, the update user endpoint may be the solution for this. You can edit the phone_number and phone_verified attributes.

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks for the reply!

The way I’m reading the docs, the phone number used in Guardian MFA is separate from the phone number on the user’s profile. If I already have a (verified) phone number for a new user, can I use that number to enroll them in MFA automatically?

@zpearce,

I did some more digging into this, and ended up asking the engineering team because I couldn’t find a concrete answer. Unfortunately, there is no way to accomplish this kind of seamless transition with MFA at this time. I can add it as a feature request if it is something you are interested in, and I would highly recommend following up with a feedback submission if you have the time.

Sorry I couldn’t help you solve this one.

Best,
Dan

Thanks for your help. A feature request would be nice.

I submitted one on your behalf.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.