Actions caching not working in test environment + cache scope confusion

Hi, I’ve been playing around with the cache feature while developing some actions to create a user in a DB post Auth0 registration/login. I’ve been wanting to leverage the cache to reduce m2m token usage. However between test runs in the custom actions editor, the cache is always empty after every run, is this normal? Similarly are the caches scoped such that they only persist between consecutive action flows, or do they work on every flow re-run?

For example if I have two actions, is the cache just shared between a single execution of 1 and 2, with 2 being able to access the cache I set in 1 OR if I set the cache in an initial execution of action 1 and then action 1 is re-executed, does it has access to the cache previously set?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @LJB,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

The cached items should persist across all executions for a maximum of 24 hours.

(Reference: Actions Limitations)

When using the Actions built-in Test interface, it’s normal for the cache to be empty every run. For cache items to persist, you will need to perform a legitimate login flow. You can then monitor the cached results using the Real-time Webtask Logs Extension.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like