Account Linking Skip Option

Hello guys,

I’m using the Account Linking Extension and I was wondering if there’s a way to hide the option to skip the linking and only show the “Continue” option.

2 Likes

Hey there!

Not sure about it but let me research that and get back to you as soon as I find something!

1 Like

Hi @konrad.sopala, do you have any updates on this?

As an alternative, we could setup a config to automatically link accounts without user permission. Is it possible?

regards,
Bruno.

1 Like

Not yet. Let me reping the team!

1 Like

I’m also interested in doing this. We’d like to have only one account per email in our database, and having multiple ones in Auth0 just causes confusion.

hi! Any updates on this?

1 Like

Hi all,
we just ran into the exact same problem. A user used a social login and chose to skip the linking, causing quite a few bugs in our backend.
I also couldn’t find a clean way to remove the skip option, so I just used a “hacky” way:

I just added custom CSS #skip{display:none} and it’s gone. Obviously not the cleanest thing todo, but it works.

Hope this can help some of you

1 Like

Thanks for sharing it with the rest of community!

1 Like

Hi @konrad.sopala,

We are also looking into disabling the skip option to force the user to link the social account.
However, the hack suggested by @fabian.uc is no longer valid as the option to add CustomCSS is removed in the latest version of the extension.
Please suggest an alternative.

I would also like to know if there is a way to identify whether a user chose to skip and create a separate account because social accounts are already created before the account linking screen.

This is to know whether the user made the choice to not link, so that we can prompt them to link again via our UI. As I see Auth0 asks only once to select.

Thank you