502 Error when redirecting to login page

we are getting intermittent 502 error when redirected to login page.

timestamp 09/1/2020 08:24

Can you please check and update us.

We have observed multiple instance of this issue.

@jmangelo can you please help me.

Just some additional info: The 502 response is returned by our gateway since the call to Auth0 is not returning within 30s. Increasing the timeout to 60s, I can still see this happening. This happens for a variety of calls:

• POST /oauth/token
  • POST /login/callback
  • POST /usernamepassword/login
  • GET /login?..
  • GET /authorize?..
  • GET /v2/logout?

Hey there!

Judging by our status page: http://status.auth0.com/

all services are operational, there’s no outage etc. Let me reach out to our engineering team and see what might be the reason behind that!

I am experiencing the same issue. Using @auth0/nextjs-auth0 package. Hosting on zeit/now and getting a timeout after 10s of no response from auth0.
pages/api/login
import { NextApiRequest, NextApiResponse } from ‘next’

import { auth0 } from '~/src/api/auth'

export default async function login(req: NextApiRequest, res: NextApiResponse) {
  try {
    await auth0.handleLogin(req, res, {})
  } catch (error) {
    console.error(error)
    res.status(error.status || 400).end(error.message)
  }
}

Hey there @pieterventer can you raise that as a GitHub issue in our nextjs repo so that the tool maintainers can take a look at it directly? If you create that make sure to share the link to the issue here so we can ping them

Do you use some SDK of ours or hitting those endpoints directly?

We use the “auth0-js”: “9.7.2”, in front End(angularjs application) where we call authorize function which redirects us to login page.

Can I also ask you to raise it as a GitHub issue in our auth0-js repo and share the link to the issue here so I can ping the repo maintainers about that?

@rahul.bisht given that you reported this situation through ticketed support and I now also have that ticket assigned to me I would recommend to continue the troubleshooting there. The reason being that it is very likely that in order to troubleshoot this issue we will need to exchange sensitive/private information so the ticketed support may be a more efficient avenue for that.

Thanks a lot for letting us know @jmangelo!