How can I connect to a remote Database in Openshift?

As stated here, connection to a Database hosted in Openshift must me done through a port forwarding mechanism, through their CLI (some sort of tunneling through https, I guess).

Does anyone know how to create such a connection in Auth0 to store my users in the remote DB?

From the perspective of the Auth0 service the ability to store user credentials in your own database is exposed through custom database connections. The communication from Auth0 to the custom database is performed through the implementation of custom database scripts that are roughly equivalent to any other code running in Node.js (there’s some limitations on the packages available, but besides that it’s just Javascript code).

In conclusion, if you can connect to a database from Node.js then you can likely use it as a custom database connection. Having said that the documentation you linked suggests that access to OpenShift databases from the outside can be done, but more on a temporary basis for administrative reasons:

…how to use port forwarding to temporarily expose a database outside of OpenShift, allowing you to access it from a database tool running on your own local machine.

Also:

Databases deployed to OpenShift will typically be used to support the operations of a front-end web application, and therefore only need to be accessible by other applications running in the same OpenShift cluster.

In conclusion, if you can access it from the outside (regular Internet) you can access it from within a custom database, but you should check if OpenShift databases are really intended for that use case.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer.
I know that Openshift databases are not the ideal solution to back Aut0 users persistence, but as my application is backed by this database, and contains all the data, I would rather also have my users stored in it, to avoid maintaining two sets of data.

And as Openshift mentions in their doc:

There are ways of permanently exposing
a database service outside of an
OpenShift cluster. However, the need
to do that would be an exception and
not the norm.

I was just wondering if someone has already found a way to do that.
Best