Unexpected error while logging in using Facebook connection with the "Oops!, something went wrong" message

hi,
some of our customers experienced an error when they logged in using Facebook connection, the expanded error message is:
" You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn’t find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the …"

It is strange thing that this error has just started to show today, we have not altered our app or connection configuration recently, except adding a testing logout URL to Allowed Logout URLs.
can you help in debugging the source of this error.

this.auth0 = new Auth0.WebAuth({
      domain: '***.eu.auth0.com',
      clientID: '***',
      redirectUri: 'https://***/callback',
      audience: 'https://***/api',
      responseType: 'token id_token',
      scope: 'openid profile email full_access'
    })

does this answer has to do with the Error we are experiencing:

The issued you linked to was supposedly fixed by Facebook already, so I don’t expect that to be a problem.

If you can reproduce the issue on your side, please record and attach a .HAR file to provide more clues when troubleshooting.
**Remember to remove any passwords from the .HAR file before uploading. **

1 Like

Hi

Started seeing similar issue too. Only with facebook and so far only seen this happen on android mobile. Works from from various browsers on Windows asp.net app using universal login.

ta

Bumpy bump, anyone got any ideas. Really stumped as facebook works fine from browser, but ion android on auth the installed fb app is invoked and I assume it’s sending an incorrect or changed request back to auth0. I’m not a android dev so limited on knowledge on how to trace what could be happening.
Ta

grabbed this from auth0 portal

{
  "date": "2019-08-15T19:06:19.041Z",
  "type": "f",
  "description": "You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.",
  "connection_id": "",
  "ip": "xx.xx.xx.xx",
  "user_agent": "Facebook 233.0.0 / Android 8.0.0",
  "details": {
    "body": {},
    "qs": {
      "code": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.....",
      "state": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    },
    "error": {
      "message": "You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.",
      "oauthError": "invalid_request",
      "type": "request-error"
    }
  },
  "hostname": "cccccccccccc.eu.auth0.com",
  "log_id": "9xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx81450468326326xxxxxxxxxxxxx042",
  "_id": "900201908151xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx844395042",
  "isMobile": true
}

As you commented on my own ticket, I have the same annoying problem. Still looking for a solution if you happen to find something on your side. Thanks.

It is not possible to get the HAR file right away I have been trying to get it for 6 days but our customers are located in different areas therefore it is really difficult to get it.
Facebook-connection is the primary login method to our service and we started losing customers because of this error.

A little googling and I think what’s happening is facebook on android has registered the fb app to handle fb urls hence the fb app is invoked during the oauth flow and then throws a wobbly. I’ve changed the fb app settings on a test android phone under “set as default” “Go to supported URLs” from “In this app” to “in other app” and I can auth okay using fb.

So question is

1 Like

We have made a short video for our clients to exactly do that,
We are waiting for any information from auth0 team about this problem

Ironically, it seams to be back on track this morning, test this on your side, it works for now on my side here without any change on our side. Maybe Auth0 made a change.

Hey there @statelo!

No info from the engineering team yet. Can the rest of you folks also let us know if it started working for you? Thanks!