/userinfo suddenly results in 401, unauthorized (CRITICAL!)

This seems to be working again.
I noticed that the status page (https://auth0.statuspage.io/) mentions an issue with US Preview for which a fix has been provided, but all AU services were reported as working ok. Perhaps this should of been updated to reflect the issue was not restricted to the US?

A configuration that worked yesterday is failing today. The call is to co/authenticate and I’m getting a 401 response with Cross origin login not allowed. We’ve made no changes to the client configuration, and have the correct URLs setup in the callback section. Is this related to the problems being reported here?

Hi abhishek,
It appears to be working now. Any idea what went down?

It does appear that the /userinfo endpoint is back to working with no changes on our side. I just got off the phone with my clients who have reported that they were able to login again.

I’ve just switched between auth0-lock versions. Gone from 10.22.0 back to 10.21.0 and my site works again. No other changes.

What is going on?

We’re still experiencing the issue

And now it appears to be fixed! Anxious to understand the cause.

I get that Auth0 can’t offer the same level of support for free accounts. But this is bad advertising for the paid level. At least provide a response to your users.

This is the second time this year we’ve gone done because of auth0.

This is broken again as of ~ 6:00 pm UTC today. Issue is marked as resolved but it’s still occurring