MFA availability in the B2C essentials plan

The pricing page indicates that the B2C essentials plan doesn’t support any MFA factor but I am able to enable all the options listed under Security → Multi-factor Auth page. I am currently subscribed to the B2C essentials plan. How is this possible?

Hi @sudarshan,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Yes, you are not hard-restricted on using MFA. However, when you go to https://support.auth0.com/ you will see a warning that you have been using Enterprise MFA and that you should upgrade your subscription.

Thanks,
Rueben

Thank you @rueben.tiow
Can you please elaborate more? What is the implication of continued usage without upgrade?

Hi @sudarshan,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me clarify that there are Pro MFA and Enterprise MFA factors, which means that you should be allowed to use the Pro MFA factors without restriction. Please see this related post addressing this.

Now, if you require using Enterprise MFA factors, I can’t guarantee that you won’t be restricted eventually, but the limits aren’t being strictly enforced for the moment. There will be a warning, but that could change at any time.

If you’d like to prevent breaking changes when it happens, I would strongly encourage you to consider upgrading.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

Got it. Thanks @rueben.tiow this was helpful.
One last follow up, you said that the Pro MFA factors should be available without restriction. But the pricing page as well the quota page in support site indicates that this feature is not included in our plan. Can you clarify?

1 Like

Hi @sudarshan,

Thanks for the response.

I apologize for my statement previously. Pro MFA and Enterprise MFA factors are only meant for Professional and Enterprise subscription plans.

Given that you are on the essentials plan, you won’t have Pro MFA or Enterprise MFA as a feature.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.