Using Passwordless without pre adding users

Hi, Is it possible to have an application completely open so anyone can log on but uses Passwordless to create user. This is so I don’t have to add them as a user prior to them logging on

Hi @alex21!

Yes you can, by default the passwordless connections allow sign ups, so the users can simply enter their details (email or phone number depending on the type of passwordless connection you are using).
This will create an account for them automatically and they will be given access to your application.

There are some additional steps you will need to carry out to configure the login screen for use with Passwordless too, please see here for more detail - Configure Universal Login with Passwordless

But what if I don’t want my login to allow sign ups all the time, when users are creating an account I need to gather certain data and create them in my own database, once that creation is successful I want to create the user in auth0, and that’s why allowing sign ups for the login is not a possibility for me, how could I manage that case?

1 Like