Universal Login potentially missing localization prompt

I’m attempting to localize our login experience and I’ve attached two screenshots of the initial login page with new-universal-login. The first is showing an error state which is properly localized (I believe by default by Auth0.) The second however seems to use the browsers built in required tag and doesn’t seem to be localized.

I’m not finding a prompt entry in order to localize this ourselves either. Customize Login Text Prompts

Finally, I’m also wondering if Auth0 could move away from the built in browser warning and utilize the text that shows up similar to when inputting an invalid value.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 12.56.19 PM

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 12.50.37 PM

Thanks!

Any update on this? It’s been about 2 weeks. Mostly looking for confirmation that I’m not missing a localization configuration.

Hi there @ishoemaker I apologize for the delay in response, we have most of our team out for the holidays.

When it comes to the prompt values in the page you referenced, we have examples listed towards the end of the page. We want to make sure our docs bring value, is there any recommendation in how we can enhance these examples or the doc as a whole to make it more clear and valuable? Thanks!

No worries! I expected the holidays to slow things down.

The prompt docs are actually great and easily understood, but I think the issue is that either an entry is missing, or it isn’t working as expected. Please see below screenshot for which prompt I was attempting to update with no effect.

I’m using “Identifier First” which I believe is the login-id prompt and not just login.

Additionally, here’s the Management API call I made to set the prompt value.

curl --request PUT \
>     --url "https://$AUTH_DOMAIN/api/v2/prompts/login-id/custom-text/en" \
>     --header "authorization: Bearer $AUTH0_ACCESS_TOKEN" \
>     --header 'content-type: application/json' \
>     --data "@prompts/en/login-id.json"

file contents -> {"login-id": {"pageTitle": "Login Page Test","no-email": "No Email"}}

I can confirm the prompt update took as I can pull the updated values down and I can see that at least the pageTitle value does show up on the login page, but no-email does not. It’s still the generic “Please fill out this field.” which actually doesn’t match up with Auth0’s default value of “Please enter an email address”.

I’d like to see if we can capture that in a HAR file to further investigate. When you get a chance can you snag us a HAR capture of the event occurring and send that paired with the tenant name in a direct message over to myself & @rueben.tiow in the same message? Thanks in advance!