Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Suddenly started receiving "Grant not found, cannot refresh access token"

Hi,

As of 3 days ago (early on December 15th), my users have started frequently receiving 500 Internal Server Error responses that say Grant not found, cannot refresh access token from Auth0 when they try to refresh their refresh tokens.

I can see in the dashboard that there is a device with a refresh token associated with their accounts, but the token itself has mysteriously stopped refreshing successfully.

I suspect this is an Auth0 bug, since this has suddenly appeared with no changes or deploys on my end at all. Can you look into it?

My application has “OIDC Conformant” turned off, and has the ‘Refresh Token’ grant enabled.

@konrad.sopala, @James.Morrison, @dan.woda is there anything you can do to help me here?

I’m a paying customer. With this issue, token refresh is completely broken for me, and it’s causing production issues in my application.

Hey there @pimterry, I apologize for the delay in response. I will take a look and see how we can help you overcome this challenge. When you get a chance can you direct message me your tenant name please? Thanks!

Due to what we are seeing here the best path forward looks to be opening a support ticket so we can work closely with you on handling this specific token issue you are facing. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and I appreciate your patience you’ve had us :pray:

This has now been resolved. In the end this was an Auth0 regression in their non-OIDC conformant behaviour, but it’s been mitigated by a support agent enabling ‘legacy user profiles’ on my account, which resolves the immediate issue.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the solution @pimterry!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.