Reply: Creating passwordless connection user through v2 Management API results in user receiving signin confirmation

In reply to closed topic:

Creating passwordless connection user through v2 Management API results in user receiving signin confirmation email

Workaround

I found that setting verify_email to true or false makes no difference when creating a user with the “email” connection. The only to avoid sending the initial “Click and confirm that you want to sign in” email that I’ve found is to set email_verified, to true in the API call to create the user.

"email_verified": true,

Why Do I Need This?

We already have a user invite flow with emailing as part of our application. We have “Disable Sign Ups” set for our Passwordless connection. In our app, when an admin creates a user, the user is created in Auth0 via the management API and then the app emails the user with a link to the site so they can put in their email and decide when they want their 3 minute time limit to login to start rather seeing an invite email a few days later that says they have 3 minutes to login and says it’s from the “API Explorer Application”.

Related:

Create passwordless user through API without first time email - Auth0 Community

@joseantonio.rey
@tom14

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Creating passwordless connection user through v2 Management API results in user receiving signin confirmation email