Random 'Failed to load previous state' error on @auth0/nextjs login on certain users

• Which SDK this is regarding: @auth0/nextjs
  • SDK Version: 1.5.0
  • Platform Version: 16.3.0
  • Code Snippets/Error Messages/Supporting Details/Screenshots:

A few days ago, my application started showing the error message above. I can’t figure out what could lead to this error. It doesn’t appear on every login, but only sometimes. The strange thing is, that the error persists on certain users. Sometimes I can log in with a user that triggers that error within another browser. Meanwhile other users just work fine.

My /api/[…auth0].ts only contains the code from the tutorial. My only modification is a second api route that allows me to retrieve the auth token from the frontend to include it in client side api calls. I can’t find any information about the failed login attempts in the logs.

Hey there!

In order to handle that most effectively I would encourage you to open a GitHub issue in the SDK repo to work on that directly with the repo maintainers.

Once you do that please share the link to the issue so we can ping them. Thank you!

Also seeing the same, and will go find the GH Issue for resolution.

However, I’m being asked to report on how many of these errors are happening, as we only hear about them when users report them. How can I track instances of this sort of error - it doesn’t appear to show in the Auth0 logs, but Auth0 must be aware of them, (and they have a tracking ID).