Post user hooks is triggered for existing users also

Hi All,

I am using passwordless authentication using phone number. I create a hook on Post User Registration . It says the it will be triggered whenever a new user in the database is connected. But I get the webhook every time a user requests for OTP. also the user id is same everytime which means that its not a new user everytime.

Hi @madhur,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have been encountering issues with the Post-User Hooks triggering for existing Passwordless users.

Having tested this myself, I can confirm that I am experiencing the same behavior. I believe this behavior is unintended and a bug, and I have reached out to our engineering teams for further support.

Once there’s a new update, I will follow up with you on that information.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @madhur,

Thank you for your continued patience.

After collaborating with our Engineers, they have confirmed with me that this is an unintended bug and that they will be gathering efforts to resolve this as soon as they can.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your end-users.

As soon as new information arises, I will relay that to you.

Thank you.

Thanks @rueben.tiow for the update. For now, I have ensured in my system to handle this behaviour. But it will be great if it can be solved at earliest.

1 Like

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!