Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Please add module tslib to webtask

webtask
webtaskio

Hey guys,
I’d like to have another module available for requiring on webtask.io: tslib.

It will help us use compiled typescript code that contains await/async (we need the helpers functions that are defined in that module and must put them inside the function).

In the “can I require” page there is a link for requesting modules support, but it leads to 404…

I have sent this over to the team responsible for Webtask

Webtask.io now supports any npm module - the user just needs to declare the dependency in the metadata for the webtask. The below snippet has more exact instructions:

Thanks for the reply.

1. We use Github deployments to deploy our rules.
    How can we combine the approach you described with such a build process?

2. Even if we didn’t use Github deployments, we’d still depend on the management API. How can we use it to ties between a webtask and a rule?

Hi @tomyam,

My name is Bobby and I am a member of the Webtasks team. It looks like there was some confusion surrounding your question and you were given some misleading information.

Webtask.io and Hooks both support the All NPM feature. Rules do not. The Github deployment extension is used to deploy Rules and does not offer the ability to declare dependencies on NPM modules.

To make sure I get you the correct information, can you tell me a bit more about your use case? Are you currently using webtask.io at all? Or are you simply attempting to consume tslib in your Rules which are deployed using the github deployment extension?

Once again, sorry for the confusion. I will make sure we get this tracked down for you.

Thanks!

Bobby

Hi @bobby.johnson

can you tell me a bit more about your use case?

We use rules to customize the signup/signin processes.
We write them in Typescript, build them, send them to a Github repositry and have Github deployment extension deploy them.

Are you currently using webtask.io at all? Or are you simply attempting to consume tslib in your Rules which are deployed using the github deployment extension?

We don’t use webtak.io at all. We just need tslib in the rules container.

Thanks!

Hi @tomyam,

Rules do not support the All NPM feature. At this time we are unable to add this module. We are planning to open up Rules soon so that you will be able to use any NPM module. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bobby

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.