Per-App Logo on new login universal login?

We want the logo on the login screen to use the logo configured for the application… I tried this but it doesn’t seem to work, and I don’t really know why. I’m sure I’m doing something dumb with the templates etc, but I’m extremely new, so be gentle :slight_smile:

// Available Lock configuration options: https://auth0.com/docs/libraries/lock/v11/configuration
    var lock = new Auth0Lock(config.clientID, config.auth0Domain, {
      auth: {
        redirectUrl: config.callbackURL,
        responseType: (config.internalOptions || {}).response_type ||
          (config.callbackOnLocationHash ? 'token' : 'code'),
        params: config.internalOptions
      },
      configurationBaseUrl: config.clientConfigurationBaseUrl,
      overrides: {
        __tenant: config.auth0Tenant,
        __token_issuer: config.authorizationServer.issuer
      },
      assetsUrl:  config.assetsUrl,
      allowedConnections: connection ? [connection] : null,
      rememberLastLogin: !prompt,
      language: language,
      languageBaseUrl: config.languageBaseUrl,
      languageDictionary: languageDictionary,
      theme: {
        logo:            '{{ application.logo_url }}',
        primaryColor:    colors.primary ? colors.primary : 'green'
      },

This is unchanged from the default except for the logo: line.
This just doesn’t show an image at all when I use the preview, even though the application definitely has a logo_url set up.

What’s the right way to do this?

Hi Nate,

This is not New Universal Login, this is classic.

You should be able to get per app logo with new Universal Login, by going to your App settings in Auth0’s dashboard and setting the Application Logo in the Application Properties section.

John

1 Like

I’m confused. I selected new login:

Oh wait, is that what that banner at the top is trying to say?

If I edit the HTML then I’m not in “new login” despite it being very clearly still selected on this screen?

Just saying “one of your pages overrides the new universal login experience” is not at all clear … like, yeah, duh, of course I’m trying to override the experience, that’s what “customize” means.

If the error means “you can’t customize the new experience, so if you try, you forsake the use of the new experience for the classic experience”, then it needs to be much more carefully worded. This was not clear at all to me… also I would expect this selection to change to reflect the fact that I’m not actually using new login anymore.

ok, but, I’ve remove the customization … and it’s still just showing the company logo. Is there a trick to it?

1 Like