I’m running into a weird issue where 90% of the time auth0 works as expected, but occasionally (and more so recently) I get a
HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Eg yesterday I had a flood of these errors between 4pm - 6pm and 8pm-10pm UTC.
I have 2 questions:
- Is this a problem on my side or auth0 side?
- If this is a known problem on auth0 side, what are the implications for the user? I can’t reproduce the error because it’s so infrequent, so I don’t know if UX is damaged in any way… and so I don’t know how to handle in code.
The code I’m using is pretty much word for word the flask-api sdk.
Full error trace:
HTTPError: HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable File "flask/app.py", line 2447, in wsgi_app response = self.full_dispatch_request() File "flask/app.py", line 1952, in full_dispatch_request rv = self.handle_user_exception(e) File "flask_cors/extension.py", line 165, in wrapped_function return cors_after_request(app.make_response(f(*args, **kwargs))) File "flask/app.py", line 1821, in handle_user_exception reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb) File "flask/_compat.py", line 39, in reraise raise value File "flask/app.py", line 1950, in full_dispatch_request rv = self.dispatch_request() File "flask/app.py", line 1936, in dispatch_request return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args) File "gpu_back/misc/auth0_.py", line 114, in decorated payload = decode_jwt(token) File "gpu_back/misc/auth0_.py", line 47, in decode_jwt jsonurl = urlopen("https://" + AUTH0_DOMAIN + "/.well-known/jwks.json") File "urllib/request.py", line 222, in urlopen return opener.open(url, data, timeout) File "urllib/request.py", line 531, in open response = meth(req, response) File "urllib/request.py", line 640, in http_response response = self.parent.error( File "urllib/request.py", line 569, in error return self._call_chain(*args) File "urllib/request.py", line 502, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File "urllib/request.py", line 649, in http_error_default raise HTTPError(req.full_url, code, msg, hdrs, fp)
- Which SDK this is regarding: e.g. flask-api
- SDK Version: where do I find it? I’ve looked everywhere. It’s the current version at the time of posting.
- Platform Version: Python 3.8, Flask 1.1.2
- Code Snippets/Error Messages/Supporting Details/Screenshots: (above)