Auth0 Home Blog Docs

New Universal Login Experience [Product Roadmap: Launched]

New Universal Login experience currently in progress

We are building a new Universal Login experience with many new capabilities, including but not limited to:

• Redesigned user experience
  • Lightweight screens that work with JavaScript disabled
  • Enhanced experience on mobile devices
  • Support for multiple enrolled factors in MFA

This feature is in active development. This topic will be updated with additional details and supporting documentation when the feature is launched.

1 Like

Great news everyone! I’m excited to share that the new Auth0 Universal Login experience has been successfully launched to the general public!

New Auth0 Universal Login experience benefits include:

• Lightweight login pages
  • Redesigned flows for login, MFA, signup, and more
  • Multiple authenticator support for multi-factor authentication
  • Language localization
  • Email as an MFA Factor
  • Improved consent flow
  • Device Flow
  • Successful password reset and email verification redirect

Documentation for this feature is now available here:

Also be sure to check out the Auth0’s blog article on the subject:

2 Likes

This looks great! But I have a question, because something important to me looks like it’s not going to be on the roadmap.

On the main page on limitations, it says: “It’s not possible to link to the Signup page or default to it. Users will land in the login page, and can navigate to Signup from there.”

I already use the capability to customise some of the login JS code to overcome this shortcoming in the current universal login page. My code looks for the prefilled email in the URL query (I only provide a pre-filled email where I am trying to help a specific user sign up, so if it’s there, it’s because the user needs to sign up) and then do some DOM manipulation to switch to the sign-up tab and show/hide our terms and conditions with a big flashing animation over the tickbox.

Here’s why I have to do this awkward thing. Due to GDPR restrictions, I have to say (in short plain English) what I will use their email address for. Because we’re accountants, our terms and conditions are not small… Though the necessary plain English bit is only a small amount of text, combining this with links to our Privacy Policy and so-called Terms of Engagement (that accountants use), it is still more than a few words and needs explicit approval. The problem is that this is friction.

ABSOLUTELY ANY FRICTION AT TIME OF SIGN UP SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES THE NUMBER OF SUCCESSFUL SIGN UPS!

So, I programmatically guide the user so that the action they need to take is obvious. Users MUST find it intuitively simple to sign up. If they get dumped on a login page when I wanted them to sign up instead, and then after they’ve faced this brief cognitive dissonance, they find and select the sign-up tab to be met with a NEW hurdle of agreeing to terms and conditions, it WILL cause some users to give up there. It’s just bad UX for a signup.

So… is it going to be on the roadmap, or do I need to keep my hacky methods? To be honest, a dedicated sign-up endpoint would be the absolute best solution. I can avoid ever presenting the user with a choice they don’t need to make, then.

In any case, as always, thanks for your great service :slight_smile:

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are discussing internally the best way to support this kind of scenarios. It’s something we want to do, but we don’t know when yet.

I get the part of landing on a signup page with the email pre-filled, but I’m not sure what you are asking about the terms and conditions piece. The user will still need to click the checkbox, right?

In any case, could you please enter your feedback here https://auth0.com/feedback ?

Thanks a lot.

Andres

Thanks Andres, sounds good then!

I think it’s important to realise that the sign up flow is often an intrinsic part of a sales funnel and so may need to be tightly optimised by each individual client so as not to lose their potential new customers along the way.

Anyway, I’ll drop further feedback at the address you provided.

As for the Ts & Cs, yes, they still have to check the box. If the link they followed included an email address to prefill (which I do only for new sign ups) it goes like this for the user: The page quickly switches to the ‘sign up’ tab, where the T&Cs show, and then a pulsing red glow begins around the checkbox. That way the user knows exactly what they need to do almost as soon as they land on the page. But I do it in hacky JS, manipulating the DOM via callbacks and timeouts. It’s messy and I’d prefer to link directly to a signup page or default to it, which is the thing you say isn’t possible in the new login.

I’m comfortable with my workaround for now, but would love for that feature to be added :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, I was planning on migrating our application to the new experience, but when I looked at the limitations page, I found this:

The Signup page only lets users enter username / email / password, and does not offer the ability to prompt users to accept terms of service.

Any plans for the new Universal Experience to provide the user with a link to Privacy Agreement and/or Terms of Service Links that are shown on the Auth0 signup page? These are essential or otherwise many public applications will not be able to migrate to your new Experience.

It should be really easy for you to implement two input fields similar to those where we set the colors and logo and show them in a standardized way.

What do you think? Or am I missing the feature if it’s already there?

1 Like

Hi @schmaga,

I know this idea exists, but I cannot confirm if/when it will be implemented. This is a great opportunity to voice your needs directly to the engineering team via our feedback system! It is as direct line to the folks who build and implement the solutions. We really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dan