Auth0 Home Blog Docs

New OIDC Connection Beta - How to change the flow type?

Hi guys, I’m performing some tests with Auth0 product and I’m very interested in OIDC Connection (federation) functionality. I’ve created an Enterprise connection with a private IdP, but everytime I try the authentication I receive an error because implicit flow is disable in my private IdP. Below the error (extracted from the log’s painel):

unsupported_response_type (Client is not allowed to initiate browser login with given response_type. Implicit flow is disabled for the client.)

I didn’t find a way to change the flow type (I would like to use ‘response_type=code’). How can I change it ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Thiago,

It’s currently not possible. We’ll ship support for the code flow soon. Meanwhile the only option is nto enable the implicit grant for that client.

Regards,

Andres

Hi Andres, many thanks for you reply.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to enable implicit flow because of some security issues (according to IdP).

I’ll wait the support for the code flow. Which is te better way to be informed about this feature launching ?

Regards,

Thiago

Hi Thiago,

We’ll notify it in this channel, and I’ll reply to everyone who asked for it.

It will also be displayed as a notification in the dashboard and in the auth0 changelog (auth0.com/changelog). We’ll also blog about it.

Regards,

Andres

1 Like

Hi @thiagoghilardi

We shipped a new iteration of the OIDC connection that does not have this limitation.

New docs are here https://auth0.com/docs/connections/enterprise/oidc

1 Like

Hi Andres, I’m very grateful for your answer.

Asap I’m going to return to my tests. I’ll let you know the results.

Have a nice weekend!