Maintaining Login Session with Custom Social Connection

Hi there. I have a situation and was wondering if anyone can help me solve this.

I have an auth0 account (Auth1) that I use for my website. On our website, we register users when they fill out an application, and if they meet certain requirements, they get redirected to an external client which allows them to fill out more information about themselves. This external client also has an auth0 account (Auth2) which at the moment, has our Auth0 instance as a Social Provider so that clients can log into their website with credentials that they used when they signed up on our primary site.

I was wondering, is there a way to make it so that they don’t have to log in twice? Currently once they register and when they get redirected, they have to login again. For a user experience standpoint it is not ideal.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do about this particular situation.

Hi @frank.chau

Are you using redirect rules? You should be able to reauthenticate as Auth1 in the redirect rule (or the external client) and no credentials will be required as the session already exists.

John

Hi John, I am not currently using redirect rules. What’s happening is that I’m doing a form POST to transfer data from the first site to the other. When the customer presses the ‘submit’ button, there’s a normal post that redirects them to the other client site. From there, they continue until a login is required, but instead of logging them in automatically, a prompt comes up asking the customer to login again.

Hi @frank.chau

Sorry, I’m not quite following this. Can you explain the use case? Why are there two separate sites in the login/registration process?

John