Logs / Log Stream - Assign users to role body missing

Regarding logging of API Operations.

I’ve noticed that particularly for the “Assign users to a role” log entry - when made using the Auth0 UI (which is a POST request to /api/v2/roles//users) the log entry has no body. This means that we can’t record which user was assigned the role in question which makes auditing difficult. We can only see that a given role has been assigned to somebody.

I wonder if this is intentional or perhaps a bug. The reason to consider it might be a bug is that in the very similar API Operation “Assign roles to a user” this log entry does include the full body so it is possible to see which roles were added to the user in question.

Is there a reason why the “Assign users to a role” has no body in the log entry or is there some configuration I can change in my tenant?

Thanks

1 Like

I’m seeing something similar with the removal of roles from a user. I can see who the user is, but the post body is empty, so it’s not knowable which role(s) were removed. When adding roles, the post body does contain the list of roles assigned.