Is there a way to know which action triggered the Get User action script?

Hi,

Is there a way to know which action (i.e. Forgot Password email request, or user sign up) triggered the Get User action script. The function signature ‘getByEmail(email, callback)’ suggests that only the email is available but I wondered whether there might be other parameters or globals that might give the context?

Thanks,
Jon

1 Like

I’m afraid there is not currently a way to get that information; I do know that having additional context information within custom database scripts is something that I have seen requested before and tracked as feature request although I believe it was for slightly different context information from the one you mention.

The recommendation would be for you to leave that feedback through (Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone.) as that is a direct channel to the product team and will ensure that the request is tracked in the backlog. Of course that requesting it does not imply it will be implemented, but the more people request a particular feature the more likely that will get pushed into the roadmap.

1 Like

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon in favor of Actions, I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.