Import tenant.yaml file with identifier_first using Auth0 Deploy CLI

Hello everyone,

I have set the following below in my tenant file, but when I try to import my changes, It doesn’t update the authentication profile accordingly. What do I need to do? Thanks.

prompts:
universal_login_experience: new
identifier_first: true
webauthn_platform_first_factor: false

Hi @c-obiye.kolokolo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you encountered problems setting the Authentication Profile for your tenant to Identifier First.

After testing this myself, I was successfully able to set my tenant settings without issues. With that said, I can confirm that it works.

In this case, you will need to import your tenant.yaml file with the following:

prompts:
  universal_login_experience: new
  identifier_first: true
  webauthn_platform_first_factor: false

Make sure that your config.json file is configured correctly.

If the issue persists, could you please share with me the error message and description?

Please let me know how this goes.

Thank you.

That is exactly what I had above. Also it said the import was successful but for some reason the when I log into auth0 and go to Authentication Profile it didn’t reflect those changes.

Hi @c-obiye.kolokolo,

Thank you for your response.

That is very interesting. I am unable to reproduce your observations.

In this case, could you please share your config.json file with me?

And could you please clarify the Auth0 Deploy CLI version you are using?

Thank you.

This is my config file.

{
“AUTH0_DOMAIN”: “lme-dev-us.us.auth0.com”,
“AUTH0_ALLOW_DELETE”: false,
“EXCLUDED_PROPS”: {
“clients”: [ “client_secret” ],
“connections”: [ “options.client_secret” ]
}
}

1 Like

How do I find the version of auth0 deploy I’m using

1 Like

Nvm. I found the version I’m using “auth0-deploy-cli”: “^7.3.1”,

1 Like

Hi @c-obiye.kolokolo,

Thank you so much for your responses.

First, there is a newer version of the Auth0 Deploy CLI. It may be worth updating to v7.4.0 to avoid extraneous issues from previous versions.

Moreover, in your config.json file, I noticed you did not include certain key information such as the AUTH0_CLIENT_ID and AUTH0_CLIENT_SECRET properties.

Could you please update your config.json file with something like the following example:

{
  "AUTH0_DOMAIN": "<YOUR_TENANT>.auth0.com",
  "AUTH0_CLIENT_ID": "<client_id>",
  "AUTH0_CLIENT_SECRET": "<client_secret>",
  "AUTH0_KEYWORD_REPLACE_MAPPINGS": {
    "AUTH0_TENANT_NAME": "<NAME>",
    "ENV": "DEV"
  },
  "AUTH0_ALLOW_DELETE": false,
  "AUTH0_EXCLUDED_RULES": [
    "rule-1-name",
    "rule-2-name"
  ],
  "INCLUDED_PROPS": {
    "clients": [ "client_secret" ]
  },
  "EXCLUDED_PROPS": {
    "connections": [ "options.client_secret" ]
  }
}

Once that is complete, I believe you can import your settings successfully.

Lastly, you may find this example relevant.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.