How to apply a created hook to an application?

I created a Post-Sign Up hook. I also tested it and it works. Now I removed my user and signed up again. Nothing happened.

Do I need to apply the new hook to my application? If yes how and where to do that. I can’t find a word about that in the documentation.

Patrick

Hello, @alemanni.game - welcome to the Auth0 Community!

As long as your Hook is enabled, it will execute after a signup in a database connection.

Bear in mind that Hooks only work for Database connections - not for Social or Enterprise connections.

Let me know if this helps.

1 Like

Hey there!
Thanks for the headsup. That seems to be the issue.
Any way to hook on Social Sign Ups as well? I just want to get notified if a new user is logging into my webapp.

Charlie

@alemanni.game Hey, unfortunately, no. However, you can use a Rule for that purpose, where you can do something along the lines of:

if ( user.logins_count === 1 ) {
    request.post(<code here to post to your external webhook>);
}

Could you give that a try and see if it works?

Sorry I am not so experienced with JS. What kind of library is request.post() from? How can I give it a JSON request body object?

Hello, @alemanni.game,

I am unable to write code for you, but only give you suggestions on how you can potentially achieve different things. I recommend that you use a library that you are familiar with instead :slight_smile:

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!