How to access AccessToken in the rules pipeline

As part of the sign up flow from an app, a user needs to be created on our backend after it is created on Auth0. I would like to get the access token in a rule such that it can be used to create a user on our backend. I’ve looked at this and it describes a similar problem but there is no solution to my problem specifically? I’m thinking this should be easily achievable with auth0 but perhaps im missing something.

Hey there!

I checked our docs and the only way I see to access the access token in rules (which are run upon successful login) is the context object and it’s properties. More on that here:

As you have said yourself in the thread I linked in the original post, the context object does not have the access token itself.

Sorry haven’t checked the thread you linked in the rush of answering to multiple questions. I would answer then that unfortunately it’s not doable as I did quite huge research going through our docs and there are no instructions on that.

What I would do is to file a feature request for that using our product feedback form here:

This way one of our product managers should contact you within 10 business days. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!