How is the Quota Utilization calculated?

Problem statement

I’m writing a script to gather how many users per connection used Auth0 in the past month. I’ve used the following API request to export all users https://AUTH0DOMAIN/api/v2/jobs/users-exports. Once I got the .CSV file, I filtered all rows based on the last login where it’s greater or equal to a date (ex: “2022-10-1”).

The total number of users whose last login was in October is 2933, I’ve double-checked this number with an excel filter.
But the Quota utilization is 2913 right now. Can you tell me why I get this difference? or guide me on what should I do?

Solution

The observed difference you may encounter happens because the quota utilization updates daily (every 24 hours) meaning that the results may not be the most up-to-date information.

The Quota Utilization for Monthly Active Users (MAU) is calculated by checking if they have logged in at least once during a specific month.

These Monthly Active Users are broken down into:

• Active Users: Count of active users by month and user type (Social, Password, Passwordless, Enterprise) along with a Total Active count.

• Active Users by Tenant: Count of active users by month, tenant, and user type (Social, Password, Passwordless, Enterprise) along with a Total Active count.

• Total Users by Tenant

Reference Materials

1 Like