Getting an error while decoding the token in my Django application using auth0

I’m using auth0 password less authentication to use APIs built using Django-rest-framework. I follow this tutorial from auth0 https://auth0.com/docs/quickstart/backend/django/01-authorization and when i call the API with an Authorization token it returns this error {“details”: “Error decoding code.”}
Please help me to solve this issue. I already posted a question but did not find any solution.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey there!

Are you following the instructions precisely? If so and then problem still occurs please create a GitHub issue for that so we can try handling that directly with the repo quickstart authors Make sure to share the link to it here with us!

Yes, I’m following the instructions described in the quickstart tutorial. and here is the repo link

Please review it to solve the issue and let me know what I’m doing wrong. I already created a post on the same issue but did not get any solution yet.

Thanks

1 Like

I will ping repo maintainers about that in a few minutes.

Sure, I’m waiting for the things to works for us.

Thanks

The repo maintainers will start working on it as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience!

Hello Konrad,

I did not get any response with the solution from you.

It’s an urgent task please make it a top priority in the queue

Thanks

Hey there!

It’s not up to me. It’s in the quickstart team backlog and they’ll start working on it as soon as they can. If you’re a paying customer you can open a support ticket in our support center and have it handled quicker.

Hello Konrad,

Any update about the issue? how much time it will take as I have created two posts regarding the same issue and it is about 1 month to go I have created my first post and still not get any solution. Here is my first post link

it would be great now if you solve my issue ASAP

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey there!

Sorry for the delay in response but I was on vacation and simply out of office. As I’ve said the only thing we can do as community engineers is to advocate for your needs to the appropriate team but then the decision maker here is the team responsible for certain part of the stack.

They receive quite big amounts of feedback and requests and based on the number of people asking for certain thing they need to prioritize that in their backlog. Thank you for you patience and once more sorry for the inconvenience!

I’m new with auth0 as well, and, when replicating the tutorial for Django, I noticed, after many tests, that the call of the jwt.decode function was made by using the api_identifier, but what worked for me was the api_audience. Just like the following:

return jwt.decode(token, public_key, audience=api_audience, issuer=issuer, algorithms=[‘RS256’])

where api_audience = https://.us.auth0.com/auth/v2/

At my point of view, the documentation isn’t consistent with the functions, or I am missing something (maybe version mismatch between documentation and code?). Whatsoever, I edited the code on a fork from the auth0’s repository and submitted a pull request.

https://github.com/raphaelfv/auth0-django-api/commit/4228a0974b048344da8d345e4b322942933822a6

1 Like

Thanks a lot for that contribution @raphaelfv!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.