Different subscriptions for multiple tenants

Dear Auth0 Community,

I would like to verify if I understand correctly how Auth0 tenants - subscriptions - environment tags work.

As far as I’m concerned, Auth0 Subscriptions are on a per-tenant basis. Within each subscription, we are allowed to have 1 production tenant (except for Enterprise subs) and a child tenant (if we meet the price requirements).

However, this does not mean that one company cannot have two applications, each secured with Auth0, therefore 2 subscriptions (and, consequently, 2 production tenants).

Environment tags (Development, Staging, Production) only influence paid subscriptions: they allow higher API rate limits and Auth0 treats the domain differently (or something like that). We are allowed to tag two or more tenants managed by the same account as ‘Production’ as long as they belong to different subs.

Are these statements correct?

Thanks for the verification!

Hi @balazs.bokanyi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

Yes, that is correct. By default, an Auth0 subscription is tied to a single master tenant. If the subscription plan is more than $167 per month, there is eligibility for a child tenant with the same features found in the master tenant. Additional child tenants must be requested and abide by our child tenant policy. See this doc for more information.

Environment tags are used to differentiate between development, staging, and production environments. The higher rate limits only apply to tenants tagged as Production with a paid subscription.

And, yes, if you have two paid subscription plans, then each of those tenants can be set as a Production environment incurring higher rate limits.

Hoped this answers your questions!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.