Customize email subject for multi language

Good morning, I would like to customize the email subject field for multi language.

At the moment I only know this text input:

email-subject

but how could make it dynamic (ie: english user will have an english subject, russian user will have a russian subject, spanish user will have a spanish subject and so on)? My issue is that it isn’t generated through the source code but it seems to be a fixed input in the back end panel UI.

Thanks in advance

Hey there!

Let me check that and get back to you shortly!

Sorry for a bit of delay. Have you tried using Liquid Syntax and customize the subject field based on variables:

Ping ping friendly ping :slight_smile:

Good morning, I was able to make the message body dynamic with the tutorial you posted but I can’t do the same thing with the subject because I can’t write conditional code but I can only access a text field in the dashboard.

I would like to write something like this:

{% if user.user_metadata.lang == ‘es’ %}
Hola {{ user.name }}, …
{% elsif user.user_metadata.lang == ‘it’ %}
Ciao {{ user.name }}, …
{% else %}
Hi {{ user.name }}, …
{% endif %}

inside the subject field.

These are two images about what I have done:

Hey there!

Terribly sorry for such delay in response. We’re doing our best in providing you with the best developer support experience out there but sometimes due to high number of incoming questions we struggle with our bandwidth. Once more sorry for the inconvenience!

I managed to discuss that and it’s only doable for the message body, in subject field you can only use common variables. I would highly encourage you to advocate for that feature by providing product feedback to our product managers via our product feedback form here: