Create User in Regular Web Application (server) then automatically Authenicate User on SPA (client)

Hi, my system requires the Auth0 user to be created on the Server side Api application (.net core 3.0). When creating the user I set the ‘email_verified’ = true. The server request will return to the SPA client at this point I need the user already be authenticated.

How do I create a user server side (with password) and authenticate the user on the client side without the user having to login.

Hello, @ryan7 - welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I believe that this is an scenario that we don’t support. For an authentication event where the user is logging in on behalf of itself (the user), the user should be the one providing the credentials for the authentication. Otherwise, there would be no way to perform a credential verification. That would be equal to having an unprotected site.

Let me know if you have any further questions or have more detail about the scenario.

Thanks!

1 Like

Would be nice to not ask them to login again after they have already supplied their password details on our custom registration page.

Would also be nice to be able to silently Log a user out. I tried logout with the localOnly = true hoping the next time I called getAccessTokenSilently there would be no token and the user would be forced to login again.

Hello, @ryan7,

Absolutely all you mention can be achieved with Universal Login. The issue here is that you are using Embedded Login. You can check the differences here: Centralized Universal Login vs. Embedded Login