Change Password template does not match actual email received

I was going to customize the change password email template. I am using universal login, and I have a custom email provider set already. When I view the template, it is “similar” to the email that I currently receive, but not exact. If I use the “Try” button without making any changes, I get the same email as always, which also does not match the template.

For example, the template has the text block:

If it wasn’t you please disregard this email and make sure you can still login to your account. If it was you, then confirm the password change click here.

However, the email body contains this block instead:
If it was you, confirm the password change

The email concludes with this block:
If you are having any issues with your account, please don’t hesitate to contact us by replying to this mail.

But this text is nowhere to be found in the template.

Am I missing something obvious?

So, partially answering my own question. From what I can tell, the change password template that you start with matches the classic login experience. I made a few modifications as a test, and after saving and hitting “Try”, now I can see the email theme totally changed from the new universal theme to the classic theme and my text changes were there.

When I reset it back to the original text, it only resets it to the original classic template.

So, two questions:

1. Is there a way to restore the template to the original with universal login theme, and then customize from there?
  2. Why doesn’t the template match whatever theme you’re using?
1 Like
  1. Is there a way to restore the template to the original with universal login theme, and then customize from there?

Any updates on this? I have the same issue.

1 Like