Byteconf React 2020 - Remote - April 30 - May 2, 2020

Hey everyone! @sam.julien and @jamesqquick will be speaking at Byteconf React 2020!

Sam’s talk:

Talk Title: Power Up Gatsby with Auth!
Talk Description: Gatsby rose to fame as a static site generator, but it’s also an amazing platform for building dynamic sites! Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could add a user profile with access to protected data in our Gatsby app? Like Mario’s fire flower or Link’s hook shot, adding auth will power up your dynamic Gatsby site. Just one question: is it any different than adding auth to a regular React app?

In this talk, you’ll learn about Gatsby’s build process and runtime and how they impact setting up auth. You’ll also learn how to use Hooks and Context to build your auth sidekick. Finally, you’ll learn some tips and tricks to avoid common pitfalls with adding auth to Gatsby. By the end, you’ll be ready for the next level of your Gatsby quest!

James’ talk:

Talk Title: Static Sites and Serverless Functions - A Dynamic Combination
Talk Description: Static sites are growing in popularity, but many developers still question just how powerful they can be. As it turns out, there is an entire ecosystem of added functionality in the form of serverless functions.

In this talk, learn how to add dynamic functionality like email, text messaging, interacting with a data source, etc. to your static site using serverless functions. We will integrate and deploy a working demo that you, the audience, get to participate in. In this interactive talk, you’ll learn that by using the right tools, there’s almost nothing you can’t do.

Check back here for slides and resources after the event!

1 Like

Thanks for attending Byteconf React 2020! :tada:

Here are my slides: Power Up Gatsby with Auth

We’re also doing two collaborative streams with Gatsby that will walk through the process of adding authentication and authorization to Gatsby with Auth0:

You can find sample code here.

Hey everyone! My talk will go live shortly at 2:25 CDT.

You can find the info about my talk here!

1 Like