Auth0 for UAV authentication

Hi guys,

I have a question about the use of the Auth0 platform for drones authentication. Can I do this? Are there any recommendations and/or practices build around such a use case?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @dmi3y could you clarify what do you mean by that? What is the use case? Who or what is the user in this case? This is very interesting so curious to understand more details on what are you thinking in terms of use case here.

Hi @ashish,

Thank you for your response.
My use case is followed. There is a fleet of drones that are communicating with the backend APIs, sending telemetry data, subscribing for commands, etc. So naturally I would think of them as IOT devices, and this looks something that M2M application can do. The questions that I’m doubting are:

• Is M2M right assumption in this case, or I might want to leverage user databases with login/password or this is something Auth0 can handle for me?
  • What is the best way to provision vehicles with the secret/client ids if M2M is the right approach, it looks that I would need to build some layer of API over management Auth0 API + specific UI, are there any other options?
  • In the case of login/password what provisioning can look like?

I assume that you might have dealt with IOTs customers already so it would be good to hear what are the experiences of those users and what I can leverage on my end.

I encounter a couple of tutorials, one of which mentioned the use of M2M and another using login/password. Latter seemed to be a somewhat more thorough tutorial that I’m going through now.