Auth0 documentation

Hi,
I facing the issue with auth0.
When i read auht0 quickstart guide it says, In app/AppServiceProvider you have to paste this code.
" $this->app->bind(
\Auth0\Login\Contract\Auth0UserRepository::class,
\Auth0\Login\Repository\Auth0UserRepository::class
);"
I have done this then auth0 wants me to create a “CustomUserRpositry” in the repositories folder.
where you have 3 functions, and then you have to make changes in “app/provoders/AppserviceProvider” paste this code.
“$this->app->bind(
\Auth0\Login\Contract\Auth0UserRepository::class,
\App\Repositories\CustomUserRepository::class
);”
I am very confused which one is to keep?
And also when i place the CustomUserRepository, It is giving me an error of “Undefined index user_id”.
And one more thing when i download the sample the code is different?
Guide me i am a little stuck.

Hey there!

Can you share the link to the quickstart you are using? Thank you!

Hello, @konrad.sopala.
i am using this link. https://auth0.com/docs/quickstart/webapp/laravel#configure-auth0

What happens when you try to login and download the sample with filled in values from your tenant settings and run it?

@konrad.sopala,
When using “CustomUserRepository” and change in the function of “upsertUser”,

return $re = User::firstOrCreate([‘sub =>email’ => $profile[‘sub =>email’]], [
‘email’ => $profile[‘email’] ?? ‘’,
‘name’ => $profile[‘name’] ?? ‘’

]);

ERROR: Undefined index: user_id.
I had change the AppServiceProviders as said in the docs. But facing the above problem.
If you want the Screenshot i will give you.

Thanks for providing all that context. Let me try to implement the quickstart myself and get back to you with my findings soon!

@konrad.sopala,
I think i have found out the issue of what is happening. Let me tell you,
When i use “\Auth0\Login\Repository\Auth0UserRepository::class”, It gives me proper user detail not more but it gives me.
Now When i use “CustomUserRepository” and change the key of the function in “upsertUser” sub to email, In the vendor folder the file auth0User.php checks for the “sub” key as i have change sub to email it looks for user_id key, But in my users table there is no user_id column, That’s why this error is comming.
I have written as i looked into it. you can check.

Now I want to know my users table which is locally ofcourse is not having the column of sub and user_id. So apart from this i just want to use the ‘email’ column how can do that.
I don’t want to change manually in vendor folder every time of install/update.
If you have any solution for this plz let me know.
Thanks…

Thanks for passing that additional context

Plz read the last para and reply.

I’ll get back to you once I reproduce it myself using the quickstart. Will update you on that!

And one more i have found. In “CustomUserRepository” if you download with laravel 8 there is no “Models” folder is used.
It should be “use App\Models\User;”.