@auth0/auth0-angular with Cypress

I have am app that uses an AuthGuard to protect a route, and calls out to Aiuth0 custom login page for authentication if the user hasn’t logged in.

That part seems to be working, but I want to automate test in cypress and the online guides I have found are either for react, or are outdated.

I defined the typical custom cy.login function that uses the password grant type for this non-prod env:

Cypress.Commands.add('login', () => {
  Cypress.log({
    name: 'loginViaAuth0',
  });

const options = {
    method: 'POST',
    url: Cypress.env('auth_url') + '/oauth/token',
    headers: { 'content-type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' },
    log: true,
    form: true,
    body: {
      grant_type: 'password',
      scope: 'openid email',
      client_id: Cypress.env('auth_client_id'),
      client_secret: Cypress.env('auth_client_secret'),
      username: Cypress.env('auth_username'),
      password: Cypress.env('auth_password'),
      audience: Cypress.env('auth_audience'),
    },
  };

cy.request(options)
  .then((resp) => resp.body)
  .then((body:any) => {
    const {access_token, expires_in, id_token} = body;
    });
});

All is well to that point, but of course the auth0-angular library is going to be looking for the tokens in a cookie somewhere, and that last then() needs to be fleshed out.

This is where the online examples I have found were outdated or inadequate. One of them has a visit to “callback”, but I don’t understand why since I have the token and don’t have a callback route - it results in the login page instead of storage of the tokens.

Basically I don’t know how, at this point, to get the tokens stored where auth0-angular is going to look for them to prove I am “logged in” already.

Anyone have an example actually working?

3 Likes

I’ve got exactly the same problem. Been trying many things for the last couple of hours, but no luck. I’m also stuck at exactly the same point, what to do with the access token?