Auth0 Home Blog Docs

API Support for Passwordless Login [Product Roadmap: Launched]

Auth0 is working on a new Passwordless API that enables customers to login using a Passwordless connections. from native and web backend applications.

While this is early in the development process for this feature, be sure to keep a lookout on the horizon!

1 Like

Will this solve the limitation of needing to use Universal Login for native apps as described in this doc: https://auth0.com/docs/connections/passwordless

I was looking for an explanation of this limitation in the docs but I was unable to find any.

Hi @jvergeldedios

Yes, it will. You will be able to implement a passwordless login flow in native apps without redirecting to the Universal Login page.

We had that feature, but we deprecated it without providing an alternative for new customers. We’ll be implementing an equivalent solution.

Regards,

Andres

2 Likes

At Auth0, we believe in a future without passwords, and we were the first Identity Access Management vendor that provided support for passwordless authentication.

Up to now, our passwordless flow could be implemented in two ways:

• Using our Classic Universal Login Experience, where users are redirected to the universal login page. This is the recommended approach, but it adds more friction for mobile apps in particular.
  • Integrated into your own Single Page Application by using Lock.js or Auth0.js.

We are pleased to announce that we are improving our authentication APIs so customers now can fully integrate passwordless authentication in their native apps. The same APIs can also be used to implement the passwordless flow in regular web applications without using Universal Login.

You can read more about it https://auth0.com/docs/connections/passwordless/guides/embedded-login

2 Likes

Let us know if you have any questions regarding that!

Hi I also Have same error can anyone have an answer as per the documentation there is an <YOUR_DOMAIN> on the passwordless start and <YOUR_AUTH0_DOMAIN> on the auth/token.
Im not sure what is the difference between the two. can anyone give us a feedback for this?

sorry I guest i know my mistakes already it turned out that there’s no difference on the YOUR_DOMAIN and YOUR_AUTH0_DOMAIN i have wrong spelling on oauth/token

2 Likes

Oh perfect @achiong! Great it all came together!