Auth0 Home Blog Docs

AngularConnect - London, UK - September 19-20, 2019

Do you want to meet our team? @kim.maida will be presenting:

Title: The Science of Authenticating Angular Apps
Speaker: @kim.maida
Description: Authentication can be a daunting topic for many developers, including those of us working in the landscape of web apps. How does cookie-based authentication work? How does token-based authentication work? Don’t store tokens in local storage? New SPA authorization best practices from the IETF?! What are the shortcomings and advantages we need to consider when adding authentication to Angular Single Page Applications? I’ll also talk about the tools the Angular platform provides out of the box to make adding authentication and protecting routes easier for the developer.

at AngularConnect.

Slides and resources will be shared here after the event.

1 Like

If you’ll be at AngularConnect, come find me. I have t-shirts. :slight_smile:

I’ll be speaking at AngularConnect about the ever-controversial NgRx facades:

Title: Quantum Facades: Why NgRx Facades are terrible or awesome depending on how you observe them
Speaker: @sam.julien
Description: NgRx facades are terrible! No wait, they’re the best thing ever! What the heck is a facade, anyway? You may have heard recently about a topic whizzing around the Angular community: facades in NgRx. But are facades good or bad? Much like the age-old controversy of whether light is a particle or a wave, the answer depends on how you look at them. In this talk, you’ll learn what facades are, why you should embrace them, why you should never, ever use them, and how to implement one without making Mike Ryan wake up in a cold sweat somewhere in Alabama.

at AngularConnect

I’ll post the slides here!

Don’t forget to also check out my article on facades on the Auth0 blog:

Discover the Pros and Cons of NgRx Facades

Slides: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3upm8g4ncceyfa2/ac-kimmaida-ngauth.m4v?dl=0 (video format to preserve animated diagrams)

Let us know if you have any questions regarding Kim’s or Sam’s talks!

Thank you all for coming! Here are my slides:

Quantum Facades: Why NgRx Facades are Awesome or Terrible Depending on How You Observe Them

1 Like

Here is the video for my talk on authenticating Angular apps:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing that @kim.maida!