Advice on settting up a mail server with Auth0?

Hello. I want to set up a full fledged mail server on a test domain I bought to see if I can do it and integrate into my main site eventually. I’m just looking for some advice on ways to set up the accounts and have everything work with Auth0 on Ubuntu server. Anything to set me on the right path helps. Thanks.

Hey there!

Have you had any chance to go through our docs on that? For example this one:

That would only include sending Emails with SMPT, though, correct? I’m trying to set up a full mail server with with sending, receiving, mail accounts, webmail, etc.

Yes. Unfortunately we don’t have docs on the full setup.

Thanks for sharing that @kristiehansen19.3 !

hi @forestman11

It is pretty easy to set up a mail server, but it is hard to set up a mail server that will delivery mail reliably to other servers. Major mail hosters, such as Google etc., have a lot of spam prevention measures in place. You’ll have to establish your new mail server as legitimate before they will accept mail from you.

You can start with DKIM, SPF and DMARC, but be aware this task is a lot more than just “set up a mail server”.

John

Thanks for the info. I definitely am aware it’s no easy task. That’s actually why I’m doing it, mainly, so I can learn the ins and outs. I’m wondering, specifically for my Auth0 integration, if going with the AD/LDAP bridge would accomplish what I’m looking for. Thoughts?

Hey @forestman11

Are you trying to set up a mail server and then have Auth0 use that as a SMTP server?
Or are you trying to set up a mail server where users authenticate to the mail server (via IMAP or similar) using Auth0 to verify the credentials?

John

In the event that you have designed everything accurately, you will get an affirmation email. On the off chance that you don’t get an email following a couple of moments, kindly check your Auth0 logs for any disappointments.

SMTP makes it simple to set up test benefits that permit you to test that your arrangement is working without spamming your clients.

mygiftcardsite

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that with the rest of community!