Change a user email

How can I manually replace a user email as admin?

Assuming this is a end-user associated with a database connection then in the Dashboard if you go to the user profile of the associated end-user you will have an ACTIONS dropdown that has a Change Email option. As an alternative, you can also perform such user management operation through the respective Management API endpoint.

Hi, indeed an end user.
The thing is that I want to keep him associated with his existing account.
And on my system, this is done based on his Auth0 ID.
So the Change Password option doesn’t help me with that.
Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi, indeed an end user.
The thing is that I want to keep him associated with his existing account.
And on my system, this is done based on his Auth0 ID.
So the Change Password option doesn’t help me with that.
Am I missing something?

Thanks

I copy pasted the wrong one and the initial answer mentioned change password instead of change email (updated now). In relation to the association, as far as I’m aware changing email will not change the user identifier so the association through the identifier will not be impacted as the identifier for regular database connections is not the email. If you are in a different scenario then update the question with all the context around what you need to do, what you already considered but think won’t work, etc.

Thanks, what about the case that the user signed up using a Facebook account.
In that case, I do not see a way to change the email.
What can I do?

Thanks, what about the case that the user signed up using a Facebook account.
In that case, I do not see a way to change the email.
What can I do?

For a Facebook account any email associated with that identity is controlled by Facebook so there’s no way to change the email in the Auth0 user profile as that change should be made in the upstream identity provider (Facebook). You may consider if your need to control the email is just a client application thing, in particular, a user can authenticate into your application in any way they want and then the application offers them a way to associate an email address for some business logic like sending newsletters or such.