How to troubleshoot emails not being sent

I have configured an app with custom UI using Auth0 api calls as necessary. I am trying to implement a password reset. I have tried using the Swift code from

I get a 200 code, but no email is sent. I also tried curl, and it says “We’ve just sent you an email to reset your password”. No email is sent. I have tried multiple emails linked to accounts in Auth0. I tried with emails that are pending or verified.

More importantly, when I tried sending a verification email to a user from the Auth0 dashboard, no email is sent. I imagine this and no email being sent for password resets are the same problem. Am I missing a step in sending emails or is there something wrong?

Can you check the following:

• Have you configured an email
    provider
    ?

• Are there any error
    messages in the Auth0 logs for the
    email sent events?

• Are you testing
    with a corporate or personal email
    address?

Can you check the following:

• If you’re already using a custom email provider check if you have configured it correctly by reviewing the configuration

• If you’re using the Auth0 email provider for testing purposes you may want to try to configure a custom one

• Check if there are any error
    messages in the Auth0 logs for the
    email sent events.

• Are you testing
    with a corporate or personal email
    address?

We originally used the default, auth0 email system with success. We made an attempt to implement a Mandrill custom provider but had to put that off for higher priorities. I attempted to re-establish the default email configuration but it doesn’t seem to be working. I have sent two account “confirmation” emails to my user account email and neither have arrived in my inbox.

I have turned off the toggle button indicating a customer provider. I am unsure of what other steps are necessary. Please help.

Regards,

JG Koeding